When you write blog comments, there are many benefits for you. Building backlinks, driving traffic back to your website and establishing yourself as a thought leader are just a few.
That’s why you should leave comments on other blogs. But have you ever wondered what’s the correct way of leaving comments that will benefit you in the long run?
If you haven’t given it a thought yet, then this post will be an eye-opener for you to revisit blog commenting and have a solid blog commenting strategy of maximum benefit.
Have to thought in depth what’s your purpose of leaving comments? Is it to clear doubts, add value, build backlinks, get traffic or any other?
Whatever your purpose, blog commenting if done the right way can help you achieve all these and more.
First things first…
Most people leave bad comments.
Some Examples are:
- Great post!
- Thanks for writing.
- Nice information!
I say these are bad or useless comments because these two ro three words add zero value to the article. Most of the time they are not even approved by the moderators and never see the light of the day. The majority of comments on an average blog are spam.
Even if your comment is approved, but fails to provide value, it defeats the very purpose of blog commenting.Blog comments can give you traffic, backlinks and higher rankings. Learn to use them properly. #blogging #SEM #SMMClick To Tweet
Create a solid blog commenting strategy
To make a website rank higher, two things are very important – on-page SEO and building backlinks.
Want to have a healthy backlink graph? A solid blog commenting strategy can do wonders for you. You want to increase your domain authority and page rank through backlinks to get a higher SERP ranking.
The blog commenting strategy focuses on getting backlinks from websites on a sustained basis.
Create a list of blogs on which you will post comments. If these are authoritative sites, then it’s better because you will be driving traffic from a high authority site to your own and the traffic quality will be good.
Try to be in the top 2 or 3 comments for any post. Don’t ever rush through an article and write a comment because you want to say something. Try to add value to the discussion, share an opinion or answer someone’s query in the comments. You may even ask your doubts.
Please don’t leave comments on blogs that are not related to your niche as you will get very little useful traffic and the SEO value will blog nil. On a rare case, commenting on another niche is acceptable but frequently is a no-no.
How to find the best blogs on which you should comment?
Commenting on every blog is not a good strategy. There are some important different types of blogs on which you should comment.
1.High authority and active blogs – such blogs get highly engaged traffic and your chances of getting a handful of that traffic to your site are bright.
2.Do-follow or no-follow – Do-follow blog comms help you pass the link juice to your blog. No-follow blogs, don’t let the link juice pass to your blog.
For backlink building, do-follow blogs are required. But both do-follow and no-follow blogs are important for bringing traffic to your site. Ideally, you should have a good mix of both the types of blogs.
If Google sees that you are getting comment backlinks only from do-follow blogs, then you may get penalized. We don’t want that at any cost.
3. Commentluv enabled blogs – These are those blogs that have the commentluv plugin enabled. They add the latest post of the person commenting on the comments and give a do-follow backlink.
Thus, they give the people commenting on posts, a way to link one of their recent posts to their comment.
Tips for writing effective blog comments
One of the important but easy ingredients of success in blogging is being able to build backlinks because that improves your rankings in Google SERPs.
- Self-promote smartly – Blog comments are also a means of self-promotion. Writing good comments is also an art. But if done overboard, it can take a bad shape.
Have you ever felt the strong urge to drop your blog post link in comments and just add a few words in haste? If yes, then you are not alone.
To some extent, it is accepted to self-promote but just promoting without providing value is something we should avoid at all costs.
- Build relationships with fellow bloggers – Using a blog’s commenting feature to post meaningful content also helps you build a relationship with fellow bloggers. They too might leave valuable comments on your blog and relationships may flourish.
- Sign up for Gravatar – This is an online comment profile. It allows you to set a personal image or brand image. Gravatar blogs automatically pick up your Gravatar profile and will show your image when you comment.
- Be specific in your comments – Tell what you liked about the article, what you didn’t, any divergent views or points to add, take the discussion further. You may even give a one-line introduction of yourself in the comments.
- Social sharing – If you’ve shared the article in social media, mention it in the comments. Fellow bloggers like this. Shows that you appreciate the value of their posts.
- Length of comments – Comments should not be too long that they bore the reader.
You’ve realized the benefits of blog commenting and now is the time to create a solid strategy for commenting on blogs.
Go and create value, build backlinks and bring traffic to your site.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Your comments on this blog post are welcome. Do share the post on your favourite social media platforms.