There are many web hosting companies out there. It becomes difficult to choose which hosting plan will suit your requirement. This Bluehost review is written to make your task of deciding easier.
If you are planning to start a website or a blog, you have to host your blog and get a domain name.
After scouting for the best hosting companies for small to medium-sized online businesses, Bluehost is a very a good option that emerges to fulfill your hosting needs.
They are especially useful for first-time bloggers because as a beginner, you don’t have the need to use a lot of resources and this hosting comes at a very affordable price point. A good shared hosting company such as Bluehost is a very good option.
It is very easy to install with one-click installation feature for WordPress sites. This makes sure your blog is up and running relatively quickly.
As your website traffic increases, you can review your hosting requirements and shift to a higher plan within Bluehost or move to a different hosting provider at a higher price.
Bluehost hosting is one of the best hosting companies in the market today. Although they were started in 1996, they have maintained their standards.
Over 2 million websites have Bluehost as their hosting provider as its the most popular and inexpensive hosting options in the market today.
They are one of the recommended hosting providers for WordPress blogs and have a great repository of tools, resources and features to run WordPress blogs.
Bluehost Review Rating
I would give it a rating of 4.5/5 stars on the following counts:
They provide a single click integration with Cloudfare that helps to speed up your website even further.
Bluehost is running a promotional deal that brings down your hosting cost dramatically. You can get a Bluehost shared hosting at $ 3.95/mth instead of $ 7.99/mth.
So now is the time to get your special Bluehost deal.
With this deal, you can be sure you get the best price.
Plus, you will get a free domain registration.
This means you don’t have to spend extra money to register your domain. Savings for you.
The shared hosting comes with a simple cPanel that makes setting up hosting very easy. You simply click on the different icons and reach wherever you want!
SimpleScripts permits easy one-click installs for useful scripts and programs. You get access to Bluehost webmail and all the other features and controls for setting up nameservers, checking IP address and managing addon domains.
Types of Hosting Plans
With Bluehost, you have ample choice of the plan you want to choose as per your needs. You never have to worry about server upgrades.
Bluehost offers 5 different types of hosting plans.
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
The shared hosting is inexpensive and basic hosting. Perfectly suited for newbie bloggers and small businesses. Dedicated hosting is the most expensive, suited for large corporates who need full control over their resources. All the others come in between these two.
If you pay a little more, you get access to Bluehost’s cloud hosting, giving you unmetered bandwidth and faster performance.
Bluehost’s Shared Hosting Plans
Their shared hosting package has three levels or plans to suit the requirements of individuals.
Let’s discuss what you get in each of these plans.
- Basic – You can only host one website, one domain and 25 sub-domains. Up to 5 email accounts of 100 MB storage for each one and total 50 GB storage is included. For the first term, you pay $3.95 per month but on renewal, it will become $7.99 per month.
- Plus – This plan includes unlimited websites and bandwidth, with the ability to create unlimited email accounts. Its price for the first term starts at $5.95 per month and upon renewal, it increases to $10.99 per month.
- Prime – Apart from getting all the features of the Plus plan, you also get Site Backup Pro at the cost of $5.95 per month in the first term. Upon renewal, it will be $14.99 per month.
The best place to look up details of these plans is their website https://www.bluehost.com.
For people just starting out, you can easily choose from these plans.
Bluehost has a solid server performance and has a strong uptime of 99.98%. It is one of the most stable web hosts. Considering its low cost of hosting, this is a very good uptime metric.
30-Day Moneyback Guarantee or Refund Policy
After registration, Bluehost’s money back guarantee lasts for a good 30 days.
Within this time, if for any reason you are dissatisfied with the service, you can get your money back after deducting the domain registration fees, SSL certificate fees, backup, Site-lock and SEO services.
After 30 days, you shall get a prorated refund.
It provides a 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone and email that are linked through a central helpdesk portal.
If you wish to solve the problem you are facing all by yourself, then there’s a huge knowledge base. It’s Youtube channel has lots of very informative video tutorials. Most of the other hosting companies don’t have such an extensive coverage of tutorials. It can be a huge time-saver and you can avoid the hassle of going through the chat or phone option.
Bluehost gets mixed reviews in customer support. Many customers say that their support is very fast, reliable and the agents are able to resolve their queries in no time.
There are many others who have not had a pleasant time with the customer support and have reported that they could not get their problems resolved even after many chats and phone calls.
Pros of Bluehost
- You get 99.98% uptime, fast speed and easy installation with Cloudfare, a free CDN service that increases your speed even further.
- Comes at a very reasonable introductory price point for beginners and small corporations.
- Very easy and non-technical one-click installation with a cPanel that ensures even a newbie finds setting up very easy.
- You get a domain registration free with this hosting plan.
Cons of Bluehost
As all good things have a few not-so-good also, so is the case with Bluehost. Here are the issues that I need to point out.
- The ‘unlimited’ hosting of Bluehost is limited by many terms and conditions. The unlimited data transfer and storage are unlimited upto a certain level. Beyond that, you will have to upgrade your plan.
- Renewal rates are way too high than the sign-up promotional prices. In fact, they can go as high as 90% which is clearly non-desirable. A solution to this is that you take hosting for 2 or 3 years.
- The customer service team is not efficient as per many user reviews. Sometimes there’s long wait time and if it’s a bit complicated issue, then you might have to contact them many times to get your problem resolved. Personally, I have never faced this problem.
I have tried to keep the Bluehost review as impartial as possible. It emerges as a simple, easy and economical option for web hosting.
Its packages are designed to suit every kind of need and budget. The easy to use interface and one-click installation makes it so convenient for even a non-technical user. Beginner and intermediate website owners find Bluehost very convenient.
For more advanced users and those websites which experience a sudden spike in server load, they can go for a higher package or move to a different host.
Some customers have given negative feedbacks, but a large majority of customers are happy with its services.
Are you ready to start your Bluehost hosting? Click here to get your Bluehost discount on the packages.